We started a new tradition this year, we invited several families from church over on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and asked each one of them to bring a pie. We ate pie, only pie, and talked and laughed and prepared ourselves for a wonderful feast on Thanksgiving day. I came across this idea in a Family Traditions book that my Grandma DaBell gave me. It said how one family always got together on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and ate the pies - so they could enjoy them since it always seems like you are so full from the turkey and all the trimmings to actually enjoy the pie. So, we ate them ahead of time and it was wonderful. Especially after our hotdog fiasco , it was wonderful to have plenty of people accept our invitation. I think Bryan counted at one time and there were over 30 people in our house. It was fun.
Of course, I didn't make pumpkin pie because I thought someone else would bring it. Everyone must of been thinking the same thing because there was not one pumpkin pie to eat that evening. We also were asked several times if this was the first annual to which we replied, "YES!" So next year we will again have a Pie Pig Out the sunday before Thanksgiving and I will make the pumpkin pies and let everyone else bring whatever they want :)
No comments:
Post a Comment