Last Saturday, I was able to attend a "Time Out for Women" seminar in St Louis. It was wonderful! What can I say? I was so excited to go - one of my all time favorites - Jane Clayson Johnson was speaking. She did a fabulous job. I feel such a connection to her - I don't even really know her. When I lived at home with my parents before I got married, every morning, my mom and I would watch "The Early Show" on CBS with Bryant Gumble and Jane Clayson. We loved her! After I married, moved to Illinois and had my two kids, I found out that she had gotten married, had three step kids and then had two children... JUST LIKE ME!!!! She talked about being a step-mom (so close to my heart) and about being a mom and a wife. About trying each and every day and how important it is to take time for yourself. It was so awesome!
During one of the breaks, I ran up to the front of the room so I could stand in line and meet her. I was so excited to go up and try to meet her that I forgot my camera or anything for her to autograph. She was very sweet and gave me a hug. It was nice to meet her. She is a very down-to-earth person. I was a little sad though - it would have been so much fun for my mom to meet her also.
I also thought there might be a chance for me to see my MTC companion while there. She lives near Kansas City now and Dana had seen her two years ago at a "Time Out for Women" so I was hoping. I kept praying that I would run into her and wouldn't you know - while we were walking around outside for lunch, trying to find a place to sit down and eat - guess who walked by! It was so wonderful to see Leesa! I know that I needed to see her and make that connection again. We have so much in common with our children. I am so blessed to have run into her again. And now I know she doesn't live too far, I'm going to visit her sometime!
I did get pictures of Leesa and myself.
I am so happy for you that you got to go to Time Out for Women! I remember feeling so rejuvenated when I went. I am glad your trip was fun.
ReplyDeletehow fun! You look fabulous by the way!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! It is always so uplifting to meet with so many sisters who believe the same things. And how wonderful to run into an old friend.
ReplyDelete