6.23.2007

Happy June!


I had good intentions of doing this blog weekly, but yeah, that hasn't happened. We are on the end of our second week with the older three kids. They are here for two more. During the summer we get four weeks and their mom gets four weeks. It's easier to plan vacations, swim lessons, etc. and nice for the kids to be in one place a bit longer than usual. Not sure what Carson is thinking... She usually loves the older three and maybe lately it's her age, but she hasn't been the most enjoyable child as of late. She only wants me to buckle her seat belt, get her milk, put on her shoes, etc. Sometimes it gets old. I guess I need to enjoy it while I can because someday (I just can't imagine!) she will not want to have me around. And then I'll have a good cry and remember the days when she LOVED me too much (as Jordan would say).

This week I decided to take the kids to Knights Action Park - a local water park - by myself. Now really, I wasn't all alone, we met my friend Trisha there with four of her five kids, but she had her kids to take care of and I had my five.
Let's see, Jordan wouldn't go on any of the slides so his high ticket price we paid was basically wasted although he had a GREAT time playing with the water balloons we had to buy - 7 for $1 - yeah, could of stayed home for that!
Rylee had a wonderful time probably the best out of all the kids. She was the bravest that day and went on the slides that not even Bryan or I would ever think about going on. I think
Cameron actually enjoyed it... it took him awhile to warm up to going on the slides but when he did he actually had a great time.
Carson would NOT get into the water unless someone was holding her. Now this wouldn't have been a problem but Morgan also decided that he DID NOT like the water so I had to hold him the entire time we were in the water, making it difficult to hold Carson as well. Rylee and Becca tried to help me as much as they could with Carson. They couldn't stay in the pool where we were for long because of their heighth. We stayed for about 5-6 hours. Rylee and I both received wonderful sunburns from our experience. I had even put sunblock on my back and it still burned! It could have been worse though! I did decide, however, that until Morgan and Carson are a bit older that I probably shouldn't take all the kids swimming by myself. There are many things I can do with the kids by myself especially when Carson and Morgan are in the stroller but not swimming. I do have to say I have taken all five kids grocery shopping with me the last two times and I'm not really scared of that anymore. I found the best solution, I went to Shop n' Save and they had the best cart. It had two booster chairs in the front before the actual cart, so I was able to strap in Cameron and Carson, put Morgan in the cart and only Rylee and Jordan were walking freely. It worked out wonderful! I need to check to see if Walmart has one also. It made my life alot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment