I am so excited! The children go back to school next Tuesday, August 22. I am almost giddy with excitement if you can't tell! Please don't think I'm a bad mom because I look forward to my children going to school every year. Honestly, I always look forward to summer break and having the opportunity to spend lots of time together. However, we have had our fun and are in desperate need of a routine!
Life will be changing around here anyway, because I have decided to find a part-time job. Bryan and I are both very tired of the paper route and need something else to do to help out with our monthly expenses. I went to a substitute teachers training yesterday and it was nice. I now have to get my paperwork completed so that I can get on the lists at a couple of schools. I only want to try and do it 2 times a week, sometimes three which will work out well anyway, because Illinois law says I can't sub for more than 90 days in any one school district. So we will see if I like it. It was nice to get out yesterday and be amongst some adults. But oh, how I missed my little ones. I am a little worried about Morgan, he is turning into a mama's boy. He only wants me when we are at home, no one else. He only likes me to feed him and dress him and all that stuff. We haven't been apart many days so it will be an adjustment for him. I just hope that I can get some work and not have to be away too much.
The kids are excited to start school. Jordan will be in Jr High, 7th grade! They have an A and B day so he will never have the same schedule from day to day. We'll see how this works out with everything. He also is going to be starting school without glasses. Not that I am excited about that, but he did end up breaking them a couple of weeks ago because he was mad at Cameron. Since Bry and I have been married this is the third time he has broken his glasses. One time wasn't his fault, he fell at school and broke them, but the other two times, he helped the breaking along! Our insurance will pay for new glasses every year, but our year isn't up, since he just got these glasses this spring.
Rylee is going to be in 4th grade and she has Mrs. Wilmarth, who was also Jordan's 5th grade teacher. I think she is very excited to go to school. I was just going through her 3rd grade scrapbook yesterday getting ready for the new year and noticed on her report card that she had ALL A's except for one class - PE where she got a B (not surprising, that PE was Bryan's favorite subject in school and Jordan and Rylee hate it with a passion!) I was so proud of her, looking at that report card. Sad to say, when I got the report cards, I just shoved them in the front of the kids' books and didn't even look at them. Now getting ready for the new year, I started looking at everything. Time goes by so quickly. Rylee just got back from a trip to Salt Lake City Utah to visit her Aunt Robin and Aunt Lori. She went with Aunt Holly. They had a great time, she even called me a couple of times. It's nice to know that you are missed:)
Cameron will be in 1st grade. They have two new 1st grade teachers this year so he didn't get Rylee or Jordan's 1st grade teachers. And now, I can't remember her name! In my next post, I'll get it down. I think that he is excited to go to school. When we went on Wednesday for Registration, we saw his class list and he was excited about that - there were several kids from his kindergarten class that he knew. Cameron decided that he wants to play soccer again this year so we just signed him up. Let the madness begin! He has twice a week practices and then games on Saturdays. The practices are in Pawnee which according to Yahoo MAPS is 13.2 miles from our house. The games are in Auburn which is 24.5 miles from our house and approximately 40 minute drive one-way, again, according to Yahoo MAPS!
I just wanted to check out the real mileage because I don't want to be exaggerating how much I actually drive. But if you know me at all, probably 75% of the time when I talk on the phone or receive calls, I am in my car driving somewhere! I told my SIL Mandee yesterday that I must be suffering from some disease/disorder because I am tired all the time and in my car driving everybody everywhere! And if there isn't a disease/disorder (it's all mental) I will certainly be the first and they can name it after me!
Carson will be three soon. She is very excited about her birthday. She finally got it when I had my birthday in April and has been asking about hers every since. We did have a cousins party for her while we were in Idaho. I know this is a bit backwards, but I will post pics and document our trip later this week and put it on the blog. I have been meaning to do that and it just hasn't happened.
Morgan is crawling everywhere, putting everything (including, but not limited to, any shoe he can find, leftover food from underneath the table - okay I know that sounds gross, but with five kids, sometimes things fall under the table and I don't realize it for awhile!, scraps of paper from the floor, toys, clothes, whatever actually) in his mouth, and pulling himself up to EVERYTHING that he can! He loves to help me with the dishwasher although, he hasn't figured out yet, that the dirty dishes STAY IN and the clean ones COME OUT. He found his favorite cabinet he loves to unload this past week, so every time I leave him in the kitchen for even a few moments, I come back to dishes and cups everywhere on the floor. He is just so funny. Earlier this summer, I moved all the plastic cups, bowls, plates and sippy cups to a bottom cabinet. This was to make my life easier, so all the children could get their own cups, plates, etc., when they needed them. It has indeed made my life easier until now! But it is just a stage Morgan is going through, so I can live with it.
Well, I have been up since 4 am, helping Bryan with the Sunday papers (stuffing ads) and just putting off preparing my church stuff. I have to do sharing time today AND we have a teacher inservice I need to prepare for. So, now that I've procrastinated enough, I can start working on my inservice lesson. Actually, it's only 10 minutes and I know what I'm talking about, I just wanted to find something nice to go with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment