1.04.2008

Christmas

Well, it was Christmas and parts of it were Merry, I'm just happy to say that it is over!

Due to lack of planning and forethought on both Bryan's and my part, (see previous post) we DID NOT get one thing wrapped before Christmas Eve! I fell asleep with Carson around 8:45 pm, and Bryan woke me up at 10:30 pm so that I could start wrapping presents. I finished up at about 4:30 - 4:45 am in time to help Bryan complete the paper route. We arrived back at home at 6 am and promptly fell asleep, only to be woken up around 7 am by completely hysterically happy children who wanted to open their presents!

So we put them off for awhile and both of us finally woke up around 8 am and we began our Christmas Day! I was so tired, I didn't even get pictures :( Luckily, everyone was quite happy with what they received and after breakfast, I went back to sleep. I woke up early afternoon to complete our dinner preparations. We went to the Drowns for a festive Mexican fiesta dinner and had a great evening! So even with the rough start in the morning, it turned out well.

Our tree only lasted for a mere 24 hours. Bryan worked diligently the night of the 23rd getting the tree up and putting on the lights. When the kids came home on the 24th, they put the decorations on the tree - it looked nice! Then that evening, before our fondue feast, Carson decided to help decorate the tree and as she was standing behind it, placing another ornament on it, it crashed to the ground. Luckily, she was not in the path of the fall; however, she was quite scared. The tree did not survive the fall as well as some lights and a few decorations. That tree gave a good life though, we bought it our first Christmas after we got married. It was the cheapest one at WalMart, $29.99 and including decorations, I think the grand total was $50.00. So it gave it's all.

Because of our tree's death, Bryan went and found a wonderful, pre-lite tree the day after Christmas for HALF price. We were excited to get it. It's bigger and taller than our first tree and hopefully will last for several years. Can't wait to put it up next year, especially since I detest more than anything putting on the lights. It should make putting up the Christmas tree a much more enjoyable adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment