3.27.2008

My new job

Yes, I'm still working at the bank, but I am now the payroll administrator in addition to my duties in the remittance department AND accounts payable. Yes, I'm still working part-time, although after this week and the next couple of weeks, it's going to be pretty much only one day off a week and working every Saturday. My boss did ask me again if I was ready to work full-time and I just don't feel like right now is the best time. I told him that when my kids were in school, it would be a different ball game and I would be happy to consider it. He then asked how old my baby was and I said 17 months. He chuckled and asked if there was a growth hormone we could give him so he would grow faster. I do NOT want him to grow any faster than he already is. I try and enjoy each stage for Morgan and Carson - not wanting them to grow up too fast. I know that before I even realize it, Carson will be in kindergarten with Morgan not far behind her. I will be so old then!

However, I'm excited for the new challenge in front of me and I do feel lucky that after all this hub bub is over, I will still be able to work part-time. I have to fill-in in my department until they get someone else in there. I'm just hoping it's by summer time so I'm not worn out and can actually do fun things with the kids. The past two summers, we have had the kids for one month and then one month they were at their moms, but we decided this summer just to keep it one week at a time. That should help us out. I'm excited because we have our passes to Knights Action Park and we are going to be hanging out there ALOT!

Last weekend, Carson, Morgan and I went to Nauvoo with our friend Marcella and her son, Antonio. We had a great time, just relaxing, seeing the sights and going to the temple. The hotel we stayed at had a pool, so we took the kids swimming on Friday night. Carson and Morgan loved the pool. Last year, the one time that we did go to Knights, both of them clung to me for dear life so I was worried they wouldn't enjoy it, but they did really well. So hopefully it won't take them long to get used to the pool this summer and we can just hang out and have a great time.

Speaking of being old, my 20 year class reunion is this summer - don't know if I've mentioned it before :) We have a class website which I peruse often. I see a few of my classmates with children on missions or in college, a lot of them have kids in high school or jr high and I think of my two little ones - age 3 and 17 months. I then feel REALLY OLD! I think of all the things I am just barely figuring out as far as children and parenting which they have known for a very long time. I again feel REALLY OLD! I also think that by the time my children do leave the nest, I'll probably be hobbling on a cane, just kidding. Of course, I won't be THAT old, but my body is already feeling it. I guess I'm just beginning this adventure that others have been on for a long time. Honestly, teenagers kind of scare me so I'm glad mine won't be in that stage for awhile. Hopefully by the time they are, I'll be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment