We took the kids to the Labor Day Picnic. It is not what it sounds like. Every little town in Illinois has a celebration of some kind sometime in the summer. They generally go from Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday. There are always carnival rides, lots of food, fun activities and, of course, the beer tents (it wouldn't be an Illinois celebration here without them, even though we don't frequent them!) There is always a parade on Labor Day morning that we have always gone to since we lived here. It's just our tradition!
We took the kids up to the fairgrounds on Saturday night, ate some food, took them on a couple of rides and ended the evening with miniature golf. All in all it was a good time.


So we are heading to Peoria over the weekend of the 17-19. It is Marc-a-roni's 20 year reunion. We have to be at the football game Friday night and at some picnic on Saturday. Does everyone work on Friday? I was thinking we could maybe stop for lunch for awhile before we had to be to Peoria... Let me know what you think.
ReplyDeleteHello!!! Man you are fast! Best bet it will be a late lunch... Let me talk to Marc and get a guestimation of time... I will get back with you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an event filled September! The kiddo's look so cute. I miss them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your life with us. The kids are all looking so big! I haven't seen Jordan or Cam for years. I think the last time we saw them was our wedding almost 3 years ago. The only time I see them was your Christmas card last year and your blog. I'm a great aunt, huh? Hopefully we will see them within the year.
ReplyDeleteCool blog look!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. I love the picture collages, very nice!!!
ReplyDelete