I have a goal for this week - I am going to blog every day!!! I am saying this outloud so that I will have some responsibility. My sister-in-law, Mandee, had a cute book made of her blog. I was inspired to get back into this and start writing down memories. The book was so fun to look at and we have had almost a whole year of NOT blogging so what better way to jump in than just DO IT!!!
Today was our ward's primary program. It is when the children, ages 3 - 12, present the entire program. It is always awesome to hear them sing and to feel the spirit. There is always a lot of funny stuff going on because you know, kids can't just be still, they have to be doing something! Morgan was the first child with a speaking part and it was easy - he just had to recite the First Article of Faith. Yeah, right :) Since being in primary this year, Morgan has gotten very comfortable in front of everyone - in fact a little too comfortable.
As soon as he is at the front of the room, he puts on his comedian face and tries to be funny about everything.
When he started speaking into the microphone today, he said, "We believe in GOD" (really loud and little too giggly for me) and then quietly and fast "the eternal father" (getting his tempo slowed down again) "in his son JESUS CHRIST" (again loud!) "and in the Holy Ghost" (really fast). Yeah it was kinda embarrasing. At least my brother, Merritt, got a big kick out of it. He couldn't stop laughing. He was just happy to pass on the embarrassing kid moment to me! And let me tell you, in our ward there are 8 VanOrden grandchildren so the odds of it happening to one of us is pretty high!
Carson was not able to participate today as she had another headache. We were recommended to go to another doctor and I'm gonna give it a shot. We have tried all sorts of things since we moved here (I will put that in a post later) and I'm not giving up. I hate seeing her suffer with a dibilitating headache for two to three days. On a positive note, she didn't have a headache in Disneyland and she won't be having one on Halloween like she did last year!!! Woo Hoo!
Morgan was rather hilarious. He really has become quite the ham in front of an audience. Who would have guessed it?
ReplyDelete