We have been living back here in Idaho since December 2009. The opportunity to move out here came rather quickly and I jumped at the chance to be closer to my family. I have always longed to have the opportunity to spend time with my family - to be closer to my two Grandmas, to let my children have the opportunity to get to know their immediate family and have great relationships with them. So far it has been the perfect choice. I know it is diffucult for Carson and Morgan to be away from their Dad, Rylee, Jordan and Cameron; however, for us this has been the right choice.
Sunday dinner has been a big tradition at my parents house and we were excited to join in on the festivities. It has changed from the way it once was, due to church schedules and nap times however, what has evolved has been a wonderful tradition which I hope that we carry on for a very long time. The best part is that both of my grandmothers have joined us on Sundays to have dinner and spend time with us. Merritt and Melissa's families usually join us in the later afternoon for some fun cousin time. We have cherished every moment.
Sadly, for the last couple of months, my Grandma VanOrden has not been able to join us on Sundays. She was hospitalized before Labor Day and since then her health has deteriorated. In fact, she is being cared for by Hospice now and it is not long before she will be leaving us for the next part of her journey. I am so sad to see her go, yet so happy for her to be with my Grandpa, my uncles, brother and cousins who have passed on before. I am thankful that my children have spent nine months of their lives getting to know her better and learn to love her. It is something that I can never replace.
Morgan is named after my Grandfather - Morgan VanOrden and my dad Layne VanOrden. He has a righteous heritage to follow and great examples of service and testimony. We are extremely lucky :)
WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!!
| Visiting Grandma in May 2009 |
| Another in May 2009 |
| Grandma & Morgan (9 months) @ Taysa's Baptism Aug 2007 |
| Dad, Gma VO, Aunt Janet @ Taysa's Baptism Aug 2007 |
| Grandma holding Morgan Layne Sant for the first time - Nov 2006 |
| Grandma holding Carson Lee Sant for the first time - September 2004 |
| With Grandma at her 90th Birthday celebration - June 2010 |
Hey Marci
ReplyDeleteGood to read your blog again. Missed you. Sorry to read about your Grandma on Facebook. Hope your family is doing well. Hope you are well. I too have had a goal to make a book of my blog, 3 years and counting. One of these days...
Take care and keep on bloggin'!
xoxo