8.08.2008

Interesting article...

I read the Deseret News daily. It's one of my obsessions :) Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, but just the same, I do read it. I read an interesting article about Sister Beck's talk from October 2007 conference.

I don't understand what all the uproar is about. I even printed off the talk to read again and of course, nothing they were quoting in the article was in her talk... I didn't know if they were trying to stir things up or what. I will say that with the advent of blogs and such, I have run across some women's sites by LDS church members that after reading a few things on them, I just have never felt quite comfortable becoming a regular reader or commenter on those sites. I don't know if I'm alone in this or not - believe me there is SO MUCH GREAT AND WONDERFUL stuff on the Internet. However, I am not comfortable with some of the sites I have seen that are from LDS women who argue, dissect, twist and/or take issue with the teachings of church leaders.

Just my humble opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment