I am the oldest of six children. I would babysit my younger siblings a lot during my teenage years. I would make Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. I would cut up hot dogs and put them in the Macaroni and Cheese. I was severely teased because of this. My two brothers, Matthew and Merritt, thought that was about the grossest thing ever! They still make fun of me to this day for doing that. I did not think I was doing an abnormal thing - I've heard of lots of people who mix meat into their macaroni and cheese, especially hot dogs.
So fast forward, many many years later, I am making Macaroni and Cheese for my children. Yes, my two little ones love it so when the older ones are at their mom's house, we have fun dinners like Mac and Cheese. Anyway, right on the box it says:
Stir-in Ideas
Fold in one or more of the following ingredients:
1. 1 drained 6 oz can of Tuna
2. 1/2 cup chopped, cooked Ham or Chicken
3. 4 chopped, cooked Hot Dogs
4. 1 cup cooked Hamburger with or without onions.
Must I repeat - #3, this one is especially for you Matthew and Merritt, right on the box it says!
4 CHOPPED, COOKED HOT DOGS
Alright, I feel better now.
I know that I am not weird - there are a lot of other people out there who like to mix things into their mac and cheese.
So what do you like to mix in your mac and cheese?
Hot dogs, definately! The kids love it. For me, I sometimes add a little salsa.
ReplyDeleteMerritt wanted me to tell you this:
ReplyDeleteJust because it is in the recipe doesn't mean it's not nasty! They had a recipe for cow stomach soup in Colombia.
Your smart and extremely handsome brother,
Merritt
Robyn - I love your picture on your profile. Yes, I thought of salsa too - I'm not sure if I've tried it though.
ReplyDeleteMerritt - that is disgusting!
You and Justin should cook together. Not that I think you and your hotdogs are disgusting, but Justin is ALWAYS adding werid things together and especially with mac and cheese. He will add peas, brocoli, corn, you name it! Gross!
ReplyDeleteHolly, I have heard of adding peas to mac and cheese, just never tried it. Personally, that sounds gross to me, but we all have different tastes! I'm sorry you have to sample some of those wierd tastes!
ReplyDeleteLook, I had enough yellow death in college and still recovering. I have to admit, about every three years or so I might get a craving for mac and cheese but it is never with anything but more cheese. I love my cheese! So I guess I'm saying add more cheese, please.
ReplyDeleteMy boys love hot dogs in mac. They mostly eat the hot dogs. What can I say.
ReplyDelete