Our ward has an annual Halloween tradition - we do a chili dinner and then Trunk R Treat. The kids look forward to it every year. I decided this year that we were going to have good costumes. In the past, I've planned and that was about it. In my defense though, since we've been married, I helped with the first one, planned the next two (one year with a new baby), then the next year had a baby the same week - so last year was my first year as just a participator. This year, I decided to do it up right.
We have a wonderful friend, Cheri, who gave us some Denver Bronco hand-me-downs - a football outfit that fit Cameron perfectly and a cheerleader outfit that fit Carson perfectly. That is where my inspiration came from. Bryan and I were fans; Jordan, the referee; Rylee and Carson were cheerleaders; Cameron, the football player; and Morgan was the.... Football!!! I made Rylee and Cameron's costume.
Thank heavens for EBay, that is where I found Jordan's awesome referee shirt. We were a big hit at the Trunk R Treat - although not everyone could tell what Morgan was. I didn't know how else to do the football so we tried our best. We did have a great time and the kids loaded up on lots of sugar. Can't wait until next year!
I think that you did an awesome job Marci! I got such a kick at seeing all of you guys....especially Morgan! I think he made an excellent football!
ReplyDeleteEven though I knew before what he was going to be, I would've known Morgan was a football! You guys looked awesome! Great job!
ReplyDeleteGood Job girl! You made your sewing mommy proud I am sure!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I think that is the cutest idea EVER! I talked to my dad last night and when he told me what you guys had done I thought "that Marci has done it again!" Way cute picture too. Love it. Love it.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good mom....good for you! What a darling family picture. (And congrats on your sewing skills because I sure don't have any)
ReplyDeleteSO SUPER CUTE! I always have so much fun when we all dress up together. Unfortunatly I was a slacker last year and this year. Your idea is really cute. LOVE it!
ReplyDelete