Bryan has been gone since Sunday. He is at a conference in San Francisco for his job. He was late to his flight on Sunday and so he had to wait for several hours at the airport in Springfield to see if he could catch the next flight to Chicago. He finally arrived in San Francisco at 11:00 pm pacific time so he had been traveling for many hours that day. I hope that it is worth it for him.
Our fridge has been leaking for the past week and a half. I wasn't sure why, I kept thinking the kids were spilling something on the floor in front of it. It's not fun having kitchen carpet, I hate it, in fact. At one time we were going to have lineolum installed, but after they came and gave us a bid, we decided that was something we were going to have to wait on. I love what Bryan says when I tell him that the fridge is leaking - "How do you know that it is leaking?" Just typing that now, makes me feel like I did as I told him that over the phone, I wanted to reach my hands through the phone line to San Francisco and put my hands around his neck and choke him :) How do you think that I knew it was leaking? What kind of a question is that? Sometimes. I could go on and on about my husband, but rest assured, I do love him even when he drives me crazy.
It's been so much fun taking Carson and Morgan on the paper route with me. Actually they have been well behaved thus far. We only have one more morning to do the route before Bry gets home. I thought I might have to bag today because of rain, but I was spared that inconvenence. The weather is supposed to be clear through the end of the week.
I was talking on the phone today to my sister, Michelle, and Carson came in my bedroom covered in sticky, wet marshmallows. I distinctivelly remember seeing her in the kitchen eating the marshmallows from a bag - I figured that was a good lunch and I wasn't going to disturb her. I didn't know she could make such a mess. When I went to check on the shape of the kitchen, Morgan was in the middle of the floor with marshmallows all around him - in heaven, soaking up each sugar-coated nugget as fast as he could. Of course, I had to take pictures.
I really think that Carson is addicted to Scooby Doo. Every morning, every afternoon, every night, that is all she asks to watch. Unfortunately we have rented all the movies from the library that are Scooby Doo and we only have one DVD. I have a feeling I'm going to have to purchase some more because I'm tired of the one DVD we have. I do record an episode daily, but she watches them at least 3-4 times before the next one is recorded. Yes, I am a bad mom. Some days she watches television more than she should. I have to have my sanity somehow.
Well, I am a procrastinator. I am in a book club through our church Relief Society and we meet tommorrow night. Have I read the book yet? NO! Have I started it? Yes, just today. It seems like it will be a good book, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". When Bryan's mom was here she started reading it and said it was good. I don't know if she finished it. I do need to find a really good book that I can have the group read when it's my turn. So if anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment