9.01.2007

Political ramblings...

I have a strict rule that I don't talk politics with anyone except for maybe my husband. The only reason I have this rule is that he, (Bryan, my loving, wonderful husband) will talk politics with anyone and everyone, much to my chagrin. It drives me absolutely crazy. With that being said, I must say this has been a very sad week for this Idahoan who was raised in a wonderful town in southeast Idaho and who still calls Idaho "HOME".

I am amazed that the press can just slaughter a good man's reputation along with a lifetime of dedication and service to his state in about six days. I have been sick all week seeing what has happened to our wonderful Senator Larry Craig. I may sit in the minority here, but I think he was pretty much blackballed and I'm entitled to my opinions. I read a great op-ed piece which sums up a lot of my feelings. The great thing about our country is that I can have my own ideas and feelings on this and no one can take that away from me. I am sad that Larry "had" to resign because of pressure from his party. I am proud that so many Idahoans have stuck by him and continue to support him. It's sad that our previous president who was involved in scandel after scandel was able to stay in office and even more unbelievable that enough stupid people voted to relect him to a second term. And this good, honest and upstanding man will be labeled for the rest of his life for something that happened in entirely six minutes. Yes, six minutes. Read that op-ed piece. Yes, today, I'm a little bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment