8.24.2008

My mindless ramblings...

I had a lovely weekend - I went to visit my wonderful great lovely friend, Jackie. We had a great time catching up while our kids played and played. Carson loved swimming and playing with the girls and Morgan loved playing with Lauson and Momo.

A few of our conversations have kept coming back in my mind, so I thought I'd jot them down, since I really have been thinking about them all day.

First of all, this morning I did the girls' hair before church so Jackie was taking pictures, and she casually commented that now that she is blogging, she notices when she takes a picture if her house is a mess - which I totally agree with! As I was looking through previous posts, I just must not care what anyone thinks of my old house. It is always a mess! I feel like I've given up, especially since I've gone back to work. For the most part, I try to scoot stuff out of the way, or clean up a little bit when I'm taking a picture so it doesn't look that horrible. Oh, I'm so deceiving! I also want to let all of you know that the NUMBER ONE reason we don't invite people over is because our house is a mess! So don't ever feel like we don't like you or we aren't social. So not true! We just don't always have a clean house. It's one thing that I blog about it, but entirely another to share it in pictures or person with the world.

Our other conversation, revolved around "Where is the mother?" You know, you have all heard those stories where something happens to a child and in this day and age with the news all over the Internet, one of the first and foremost comments is "Where is the mother? or Where are the parents?" As a mother, I feel like it doesn't matter if I am standing right next to my child - they still could get hurt, in trouble, you name it. No matter how careful you are, stuff happens.

To let you all know what a good mom I am, I thought I'd share a story. This past spring one lovely school night, I made dinner, we ate and then the kids dispersed themselves throughout the house while Bryan and I were cleaning up. They were going along with their nightly school routine and we were talking while we were cleaning. About 20 - 30 minutes later, the doorbell rings. This is an oddity for us, because nobody ever just stops by. We always know if someone is coming to visit so we had no idea who it might be. Bryan went and answered the door and standing there are Cameron and Carson. Yes, they had been outside playing and wanted to come back in the house. Hmmmmmmm, where was their mother? You know, I had NO IDEA they had even escaped the house. It was dark outside so we wouldn't have seen them playing while we were in the kitchen. Thank heavens that they were alright and nothing happened. Again, I say, Where was their mother? I was in the house cleaning, talking to my husband, feeling like I was in control and doing what I needed to to make our house a better place and what do you know - the inmates escaped!

Yes, we have all had something like this happen to us. We just are lucky that we can laugh about it now and things turned out well.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I have learned that I am NEVER in control. I have given up thinking that I can keep this group in control - I feel lucky if I am where I am supposed to be with everyone dressed and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! so true! Got lots of compliments on the girls hair at church--so I took credit for your work--just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know what you mean! And why is it no one ever stops by when the house is clean only when it is a total disaster?

    ReplyDelete